Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Most Valuable Resources

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all having a good (not too stressful) week. As we are coming to the end of the semester I have realized that I have spent a lot of time analyzing online resources for their credibility and capabilities. Most of you have been sharing as we have gone along, but I was wondering what you all thought were the "most valuable resources" you used for your work in this class.

I could not have completed my final project without a video I watched on YouTube that wasn't even completely in English. It was a step by step guide to downloading and converting files from YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWwCu94Asrc. The video was of the computer screen while someone was going through the process of downloading and converting. I literally watched the video, paused it, completed a step, then went back to the video.

In order to download from YouTube I used http://www.savevid.com/. It supported all of the sites that I was using and it was very easy to use.

I used the Effect Matrix Total Video Converter to convert my video files, http://www.effectmatrix.com/total-video-converter/. The free trial only lasts fifteen days, and I am pretty tempted to purchase the program. Like the downloader, this program was extremely easy to use, and it only took about fifteen to twenty minutes to convert files that were about eight minutes long. The only problem that I see is that it leaves a watermark of the website on the video, but I did not even notice it the first few times I viewed the footage.

If anyone has purchased any of the resources that they have used, please let me know what you think of them. Throughout this project I was torn between buying what I needed to use and being afraid to spend money on something that might not work well. When we are finished with this class I am going to have to locate all of the "bad stuff" I downloaded and remove it from my computer. Now if I could only find a way to take my e-mail address away from all of the sites that I registered for in order to be able to use their resources. If you know a way of doing this, please let me know :)

No comments: