Friday, October 24, 2008

Voicethread.com

Hey Guys:

Dr. Knobel sent me this link for VOICETHREAD.COM and I think it is a really neat concept. Sounds like a great way to expand your ideas and become extremely interactive. Its like taking blogging to the next level, where you can invite people and use different means of communication. You can write, speak, text, etc.

Definitely, go to the site and play around with the different demonstrations and let me know if you find any other cool stuff.

Lindsay Zweibel

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hey Lindsay,

I was mucking around this link because I was thinking about using a voicethread for one of my wiki pieces. I do not think my computer has a microphone, so what I thought was great about this site was how you can use the phone to post a comment. I believe you are allowed three free minutes and then it is $10 for an hour.

I definately think this is the new way of blogging. VoiceThread has so many unique features. It can be used for videos, presentations, and documents. I also liked the symbols that are used for the different functions. If you don't like what someone says you can change it or delete it. The editor can do this as many times as he/she likes. I also think it is great that you invite who want to be part of your thread or you can make your thread public for everyone to see.

Thank you, Lindsay. I think this is a site worth checking out.