Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wiki- question for Jessica

Hi Jessica
I was looking at your wiki.  I don't understand why parts of your text are in a box and other parts are outside of the box?? I hope this question makes sense.  I think I am missing a major part to this wiki assignment.  I never ever felt so clueless!  I know that I am supposed to comment on an article....right?  I sign onto newlits.org everyday and I think something is going to jump out at me and the lightbulb will go off!!! NO lightbulb... just stress!

6 comments:

Jessica Cavaleri said...

Hi!
What I put in boxes are parts of my fanfic and my elaboration on it. I also put longer quotes that are from the article that I read. When you're writing your wiki all you have to do is space every line that you want a box around in 4 times. When you save your page you will see a box around that part. Hope this helps!

kate said...

Jessica I was wondering if more than one person can remix the same article and post it in the wikki?kate

Jessica Cavaleri said...

I'm not really sure about that. I would ask Dr. Knobel.

Colin and/or Michele said...

Oh yes indeed, Kate--you can remix whichever articles you want to, even if they've al already been remixed by someone else. that's the key thing about remix: even when two people use the same resources, they still give it their "own" spin to create something fresh and new.

Media Class said...

I am confused. I'll use the the fanfiction wiki as an example. I understand that we have to write our own fanfiction and comment about our experience with it. What I don't understand is what are we supposed to be doing with Rebecca Black's article? Putting in our own words? Agree/Disagree with it? Take out pieces of it and right about what I think remix is all about? None of the above, lol?

Jessica Cavaleri said...

What I did was I picked out the major themes of the article and then wrote my thoughts about them. Also, I wrote how I might use some of the things she mentioned in my classroom.