Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day One

What a day this has been!!! As I just said to my professor, "I feel like a dinosaur!" Things have certainly changed since I first went to school. Even the lingo has changed. Although computers have been in our lives for several years, I feel like I am learning all over again. Wiki, blogger, google, post, mouse!! HELP!! It has taken me a bit longer to get here, but I made it. I have confidence that being back at school will put me at least in this century. So much to learn. It is soon thrilling to have the opportunity to be here.

Today's lesson focused on the definition of literacy and identity. Even the definitions of these words are very different than before. Literacy is more than just reading. It's also interent, e-mail, cell phones, texting and much, much more. And identity can be so much more than who we are...it can also be a character we pretend to be.

5 comments:

kate said...

I might need some help guys with this please keep in touch.Kate

Debby said...

Are you having trouble with the blog?

Carey said...

Debby, I think you did great in the first class without having much background in using the Mac computer. I have had one now for about 6 months and there are still things about it that I need to learn and get used to. I know it must be frustrating but I think it is great that you are in a class like this and hopefully we will all learn a lot. I'm sure we will all be helping eachother throughout the semester. It was great to meet you and I look forward to the rest of the semester!

Anonymous said...

Yes guys I am definetly going to need alot of support from my fellow classmates. MAC is sooo different. debby I am in the same boat as you once i heard those words i wanted to just sink in my seat. BUTTT i am going to give my best "blog" forward. LOL

Jessica Cavaleri said...

I might need some help as well. I missed the first class and am trying to catch up!